Bag in Boxes are made up of a polyethylene-based bag (Bag), containing the wine, placed in a cardboard box (Box), which serves to protect the contents from light, shocks and heat, as well as making it more manageable and easier to transport.
The strengths of the Bag in Box are:
- The bags are filled using a special machine, without taking in air.
- The wine is tapped through a valve or tap.
- When the wine is tapped, the internal bag empties and compresses, avoiding the formation of air bubbles and maintaining the vacuum condition.
- The wine does not oxidize and deteriorate, and can keep for a long time even when opened (up to 4 weeks from the first opening). When unopened, the packages have a shelf life of up to 12 months.
- Bag in Boxes are therefore a real guarantee of hygiene and quality.
- The cost is undoubtedly more advantageous than that of, for example, bottles.
- The materials of which the packaging is made (plastic and cardboard) can both be recycled.
- Bag in Boxes have the advantage of being easy to store and, depending on their capacity, can easily be placed in the refrigerator.